Personal Data We Collect
How We Use Personal Data; Disclosure of Personal Data
Providing and improving our services
We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the services, maintaining and improving the performance of the services, including developing new features, research, and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following.
Providing the Services
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose service problems and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product activation. We use data – including device and application type, location, and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers – in order to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Service Improvement. We use data to continually improve our services, including adding new features or capabilities.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our services and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to confirm the validity of software licenses, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Investigations of Questionable Activity. We disclose information that we, in good faith, believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of our user agreements. For example, this means that if we conduct a fraud investigation and conclude that one side has engaged in deceptive practices, we can give that person or entity’s contact information to victims who request it. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose aggregate information and personally identifiable information to third parties as required or permitted by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights.
- Legal Requests. We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process (“Legal Request”), including Legal Requests from private parties in a civil action, and in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If the Legal Request seeks information about an identified user or limited group of users, we’ll make reasonable business efforts to contact the user(s) before providing information to the party that requests it. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to contact the user(s) in all cases, whether because of a time limit, court order, inability to effectively contact a user, or for any other reason. We may disclose information to an individual’s agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that an individual grants, or a guardian appointed for an individual).
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
- Sale of Business. As with any other business, it is possible that in the future we could merge with or be acquired by another company. If such an acquisition occurs, the successor company would have access to the information maintained by us, including customer account information, but would continue to be bound by this Policy unless and until it is amended.
We use data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending, update you or inquire about a service or repair request, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Acadal by email.
Acadal services are not supported by advertising. We don’t use the data we collect to help select ads – whether on our own services or on services offered by third parties. We don’t support adds based on your current location, search, or the content you are viewing. We don’t target adds based on your likely interests or other information that we learn about you over time using demographic data, search queries, usage data, and location data. Acadal does not use what you say in emails or chats, or your documents, or other files to target ads to you. Acadal does not do data sharing, either in terms of sharing reports about the data we have collected, or in terms of directly with service providers to permit them to provide services on our behalf or to a partner.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
An Acadal Account
With an Acadal account, you can sign into Acadal services. When your account is created and provided to you by your organization, such as your employer, we refer to that account as an employer-account with limited access to features and settings.
Creating and using your Acadal account
Signing into Acadal
Right of Opt-Out, Access and Correction
We provide individuals the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their personally identifiable information collected by us. In addition, European data protection legislation gives individuals the right to access personally identifiable information held about them. Individuals may ensure that such information is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. Individuals may review their own information and correct or remove any information that is incorrect, as permitted by applicable law. To request opt-out, review, modification or removal of personal data, you should submit a written request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Personal Data
Acadal is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We follow commercially accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure of personal information we will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure as required by applicable law. If individuals have any questions about security regarding our Product, they can contact us at email@example.com
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
The Acadal services are not directed to person under the age of 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information concerning persons under 18 years old. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the person’s account.